Hacktivist group Anonymous has declared all-out cyber war on ISIS following the Paris terror attacks. #OpParis went live just days ago, which involved Anonymous issuing a guide to the world on how to disrupt ISIS recruiting via social media. Despite documenting their results of over 20,000 hacked ISIS Twitter accounts, some US officials appeared dismissive of the tactics saying it would only be nothing more than an “annoyance.”
However, it appears that the U.S. government is now paying closer attention to what Anonymous is saying. Anonymous claims to have uncovered hard data indicating imminent ISIS attack plans for several specific locations, as well as general attacks worldwide.
According to International Business Times:
The targets listed by Anonymous are as follow:
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
- Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
- WWE Survivor Series (Philips Arena; Atlanta, U.S.)
Naturally, as most readers of independent media now understand, the origins of terrorism and the involvement of U.S. agencies that claim to be fighting terror is convoluted at best. The possibility of new attacks being of the false flag variety, as evidence continues to suggest was the case in Paris, is ever present.
While we certainly do not wish to have Anonymous vindicated by any of these attacks taking place, it appears unwise to dismiss them outright.
One thing is for certain: the world is entering a new level of manufactured fear regardless of the truth about who exactly is the cause; a wave of countries are locking down as we speak. The best course of action is to remain aware, acknowledge threats as they roll in, but share the message that peace will prevail so long as we keep a level head and maintain our moral compass even as we are encouraged to change course and embrace the loss of liberty.
Joe Wright’s articles can be found at ActivistPost.com